[mythtv-users] 0.24 Python Bindings - Transcode Wrapper Script

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Feb 16 18:11:00 UTC 2011

On 2/16/2011 12:46, Robert Houghton wrote:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Quality_Transcode

After looking at this script, I'm not entirely sure how it's working.
The chanid/starttime pair in the recorded table is the primary key, and
thus must be unique.  In your script, when inserting the new recording,
you replace the old starttime with a new one.  However reading back
through the code, you split apart the old starttime, and use that to
create the same exact new time.  I don't understand why the database
wouldn't refuse the new record every time, and cause the script to die
at the end.