[mythtv-users] Training IR Blaster for Uverse

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:17:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:43 PM, blake <dsblakewatson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, guys--
>
> Just switched over to Uverse (preliminary observations: the video is as bad
> as you've heard; I've got 24MB 'net access and get 23 easily) and need to
> get a channel change script going for it.
>
> I haven't been able to find a Uverse srcipt so (unless someone has a
> pointer to such a script) I need to train my blaster and write the script.
> Starting point?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ===Blake===

Hi Blake,

You did not say what kind of blaster you were using but here is what I use
for my homebrew serial blaster.  The Uverse box is a Motorola VIP1200 so I
use that config.  For some reason lirc was ignoring the toggle bit and so I
had to add the toggling by hand in the config and in the channel changing
script to get repeating numbers to work.  This may not be necessary in your
set up depending of the version of lirc and kernel you are using.

Hope this helps,

John