[mythtv-users] "This recording is currently in use by:, mythpreviewgen" niggle

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu Feb 17 16:47:19 UTC 2011

On 17/02/2011 12:54, Phil Linttell wrote:
>> Is there any chance to change the code such that deleting will still
>> work even if a preview is being generated? For example, by sending a
>> message to the preview generation process to stop generating a preview,
>> or to silently wait for preview generation to finish before deleting the
>> recording?
>
> Hi John,
>
> I occasionally end up with recordings of "blacked out" hockey games,
> where I end up with 3 hours of recording of a still frame.
>
> For some reason mythpreviewgen never seems to complete with these
> recordings (it doesn't die, it just never finishes.)

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. It sounds like, from the description of your particular
problem, that my first suggested code change would be better than the
second. That is, it would be good if the system could somehow tell
mythpreviewgen to stop trying to generate a preview for the particular
recording that the user is trying to delete. If the "silently wait for
preview generation to finish" suggestion was taken, then that wouldn't
fix your problem!

Any devs want to comment?

Cheers,

John