[mythtv-users] Fedora 14 & Hauppauge (Grey) & lirc devinput with Nova-T

Harry Lists holists at optonline.net
Thu Feb 17 21:04:38 UTC 2011

<snip>

>> That link makes me feel nostalgic (check out the last reference in
>> Resources).
>
> Heh, right, I *thought* you knew all about that already... I didn't
> read carefully enough. :)

<snip>

>> P. S.  I just took a look at ir-kbd-i2c.c and it looks like remotes
>> other than the Hauppauge black/silver/grey remotes are ignored.  If
>> this is true then I guess it cannot possibly work with a
>> non-Hauppauge remote unless I compile a modified version.
>
> Yeah, I suspect that's probably the issue here. ir-kbd-i2c would need
> to allow non-Hauppauge signals through (we could add a knob to the
> driver to allow that), and you'd need a custom keymap to map those
> signals to input codes.
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Doesn't ir-keytable support setting custom-created keymaps?  If so, I
don't have a problem using ir-keytable to do it.  I am not skilled
enough to add a toggle to ir-kbd-i2c to allow non-Hauppauge remotes, but
I'll try commenting out the offending code and compiling a custom
version to test feasibility.  I'll report back when I get the chance
(probably this weekend).

Thanks!

-- Harry O.