[mythtv-users] mythweb flow player problem

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.illinois.edu
Fri Feb 18 02:01:39 UTC 2011

On 2/16/2011 12:28 PM, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Jeremy Enos<jenos at ncsa.illinois.edu>  wrote:
>> Sweet- that worked.  Too bad the error message didn't indicate that
>> simple problem more effectively.  Better yet, maybe the mythweb rpm
>> should have an ffmpeg dependency?
> The setup screen you enabled the web player on should have had a big
> red box that said 'ffmpeg not found. This is a requirement.' or
> similar.

I don't ever remember having to enable the web player on a setup
screen.  I've also been migrating my db forward for 3-4 years, so maybe
it was set many years and many versions ago.
Even if a setup screen that I don't think I ever passed through does say
that, wouldn't it be better for the error message to actually indicate
what the problem is? <-- This phenomenon is responsible for driving
hordes of people away from Linux, and for those it doesn't, it makes
life harder.  Should be something we strive to eradicate.
Additionally, an rpm dependency would still be sensible too, no?
thx-

     Jeremy