[mythtv-users] H24-100 and USB to Serial control

William Powers wepprop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:30:50 UTC 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Craig Van Tassle <craig at codestorm.org> wrote:

> When I moved DirecTV upgraded me to a new HD H24-100. I had my old
> D11's working fine with USB-Serial adapters.
>
> Now I cant get anything with my new H24's. I've been using the
> directv.pl version 1.10. I have tried port speeds of 9600 and 115200.
> Neither of them seem to work.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I can get these working?

I am doing this from memory, but to get it to work I had to set the box_type to H20 and I had to increase the delay associated with the setup_channel command from 0.2 seconds to 0.5 seconds.  I think the delay was called clear_osd_delay?  I don't recall what baudrate I had to use. Also check to make sure your ttyUSB ports aren't moving around on you on reboots, which can happen unless you have set up a udev alias.

The direct_http.pl script available on the wiki also works very well with an H24.