[mythtv-users] mythtv+hdhomerun records wrong 2nd half of show

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Feb 18 17:44:58 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 12:06 AM, David L wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM, David L<david4lists at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM, David wrote:
>>> For about 6 months now, my mythtv system has been recording
>>> half of the right show and then changes in the middle to a
>>> different show.
>>
> And it just happened yet again.  This time, it did
> something a little different.  My wife's Vampire
> Diaries was supposed to record from 8:00 to 9:00
> and my kids Maya and Miguel was supposed to
> record from 8:30 to 9:00 along with some other
> 30 minute show.  What happened was that half
> way through Vampire Diaries, it started recording
> Maya and Miguel.  So I have two copies of the
> exact same Maya and Miguel episode, one of the
> in lieu of the second half to Vampire Diaries.
>
> My wife is really pissed off with mythtv right now.
> :(  How do I work around this mythtv bug?  Help!

The info you give is a little sketchy, but if both sides of the HDHR are
on the same source, then you might have some priorities set wrongly,
either by channel, by tuner, or even by show.

As clearly, a 'presently-being-recorded' show is being bounced for one
'to-be-recorded' while that same 'to-be-recorded' is actually being
recorded!

Also, is it possible that the two versions of Maya/Miguel are being
recorded on *different* channels (simulcasts?). That could explain a
lot. It is sometimes easy to miss that you have set a show in one place,
*and* then do so again on another channel. (Common problem for
Canadians, where the local channels often simulcast US prime-time.

It is also possible in the simulcast case, that you have a recording
rule, to pick up one channel, and you (or your wife) has also set up a
recording on the other. If you go into the Guide and see all of the
possible programs, but if you do it from the EPG it is easy to miss,
especially if you use any of the 'Record at any time....' choices.

No idea whether mythweb would affect how easy/difficult it would be to
overload your recordings this way....

HTH

Geoff