[mythtv-users] mythtv+hdhomerun records wrong 2nd half of show

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Feb 18 18:09:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> On 02/18/2011 12:06 AM, David L wrote:
>>>
>> And it just happened yet again.  This time, it did
>> something a little different.  My wife's Vampire
>> Diaries was supposed to record from 8:00 to 9:00
>> and my kids Maya and Miguel was supposed to
>> record from 8:30 to 9:00 along with some other
>> 30 minute show.  What happened was that half
>> way through Vampire Diaries, it started recording
>> Maya and Miguel.  So I have two copies of the
>> exact same Maya and Miguel episode, one of the
>> in lieu of the second half to Vampire Diaries.
>>
>> My wife is really pissed off with mythtv right now.
>> :(  How do I work around this mythtv bug?  Help!
>
> The info you give is a little sketchy, but if both sides of the HDHR are
> on the same source, then you might have some priorities set wrongly,
> either by channel, by tuner, or even by show.

This explanation doesn't make any sense to me.  What I understand
David is saying is that he has a 1 hour recording that MythTV claims
is Vampire Diaries, but when he plays the recording, there is a
channel change halfway through the program, but it's just a single
mpeg file on disk.  There's no way to get that by setting priorities
incorrectly.

Eric