[mythtv-users] Dirty haze on certain channels

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:15:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Ghosting of previous images?  If so, it sounds like someone (CW/Fox or
> your local broadcaster or your local re-broadcaster (cable co)) is
> encoding with a bad encoder (or bad encoding options).

I see what I can describe as Ghosting in my image from Comcast.  I no
longer have any of the screenshots but I went through a great ordeal
in attempt to report this issue with them.  In the end they claimed
that all compression happens from the network themselves and that
Comcast just passes through the signal, so there wasn't anything they
could do about it.  It is especially bad on my NBC and CW, and seems
even worse on any reruns that are only available in SD.