[mythtv-users] mythtv+hdhomerun records wrong 2nd half of show

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 21:32:35 UTC 2011

In the one case where you posted a log, I don't see any channel change
messages that would cut off Glee prematurely.  Here are some
suggestions:

1) Is it possible that something/someone else has taken control of
HDHR from another PC?  Occasionally, someone at my place would change
channels on my cable box or its PVR setting would kick in and record
something, thus altering the channel in mid-record.

2) Have you tried just deleting all your capture cards in mythtv-setup
using "Delete all capture cards" and re-adding them? I have found that
resolves a lot of mysterious recording behaviour.

3) Could you post the log during the time frame the most recent
instance?  It would help see what mythtv was trying to do around 8:30
when it first occurred.

4) I got stung by that HDHR channel changing bug mentioned by Raymond
as well.  Your symptoms do seem very very similar to those caused by
the bug.  But if you're sure you're addressing the HDHR by device ID,
maybe the logs will tell us what's going on.