[mythtv-users] Fedora 14 & Hauppauge (Grey) & lirc devinput with Nova-T

Harry Orenstein holists at optonline.net
Sat Feb 19 05:12:12 UTC 2011

> >> I am not skilled
> >> enough to add a toggle to ir-kbd-i2c to allow non-Hauppauge remotes, but
> >> I'll try commenting out the offending code and compiling a custom
> >> version to test feasibility.  I'll report back when I get the chance
> >> (probably this weekend).
> >
> > ...after bypassing the "is this a Hauppauge remote?" check, of course. :)
> >
> > If that works fine, I'm sure we can whip something up that could go into
> > ir-kbd-i2c upstream.
>
> Actually... This feature is already on tap for inclusion in the kernel:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/503791/
>
> That's a follow-up to a 13-part patchset Mauro posted that cleans up a
> number of keymaps, including all the Hauppauge ones.

I tried compiling an F14 kernel with a modified ir-kbd-i2c and the resulting
module gives an "invalid module format" error when modprobe'd.  It's my first
time trying to compile a kernel, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.  I
tried to keep it simple by doing "rpmbuild -bp --target=$(uname -m)
kernel.spec" followed by "make modules".  Any tips?  I figure that, based on
your job, you might have some small experience in this area.   ;-)