[mythtv-users] 0.24 Python Bindings - Transcode Wrapper Script

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Feb 19 07:00:13 UTC 2011

On 2/19/2011 01:26, Christopher Kerr wrote:
> I understand that there's a rewrite of the jobqueue in progress, can
> anyone point me to some information about its goals and timeline?

There are three main goals of the rewrite.

1.  Remove the jobqueue from the backend, requiring the use of the
'mythjobqueue' binary.  Add a proper job scheduler to the master
backend, rather than the existing free-for-all nature of the jobqueue.

2.  Remove all database access for client jobqueues.  Add the necessary
data structures and commands to the backend protocol to allow queue
operation and control.

3.  Remove the custom handling of transcoding and commercial flagging,
and uncap the four user-job limit.  Treat all jobs the same, using a
database table for job definition.

This is waiting for changes in the protocol server code, needed to
facilitate the jobqueue communication.  This will likely have to wait
until 0.26.