[mythtv-users] mythtv+hdhomerun records wrong 2nd half of show

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:06:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM, David L <david4lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Eric Sharkey  wrote:
>>>
>>> The tuner mixup was the bug referred to by Raymond, but it's believed
>>> to only happen when the HDHR is identified by IP address rather than
>>> device id.
>>>
>>> I think a more interesting question for this case is: Is the channel
>>> broadcasting Vampire Diaries on the same frequency as the channel
>>> broadcasting Maya and Miguel?
>> I'm guessing so.
>
> Let's reduce the guessing.
>
>  select chanid, channum, callsign, freqid, serviceid from channel
> where chanid in (1192, 1012, 1033);
>
> This will tell you how many frequencies are needed for the channels
> involved and which ones were supposed to go together.

The logs only show one channel change when "Maya & Miguel" starts
recording at 20:30.  This means that as far as Myth is concerned,
"Vampire Diaries" should still be recording.  I think the problem
MIGHT be that you do not have an Input group configured for the two
HDHR tuners.  So when it comes time to record "Maya & Miguel", MythTV
doesn't know that it can't change the channel on tuner 9 without
disrupting "Vampire Diaries" on tuner 7.  Without correctly configured
Input groups MythTV thinks that these two tuners (7 and 9) are
completely independent.

Ideally, you should put the two tuners into the same input group in
mythtv-setup.  But an easier way might be to just "delete all tuners"
and re-add them.  The mythtv-setup program should take care of
creating the input groups.

If that doesn't work, can you also post your capturecard table, as
suggested earlier?  Also, your inputgroup table too.

SELECT * FROM capturecard;
SELECT * FROM inputgroup;