[mythtv-users] m2ts files and the internal player

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 18:15:02 UTC 2011

I have MythTV 0.24 on a four-core Athlon(tm) II X4 640 box, with an
Nvidia G210 card and the latest Nvidia drivers. This box is connected
to my TV by means of an HDMI cable.I have some 1920x1080 m2ts files
that I uploaded from my Canon VIXIA HFS20 camcorder, and although the
MythTV internal player is able to play them, the quality I am getting
is not as good as it should be. Let me explain.

When I play those files directly from my camcorder, connecting it to
my TV through an HDMI cable, the images are always crisp and sharp, in
particular when they depict transversal motion - e.g. when the footage
features somebody walking from one side of the screen to the other.
When I play the files with MythTV's internal player, in the situation
described above one can observe a slight blur; it's as though the
image could not be refreshed fast enough, or something like that (I am
not at all video-savvy.)

Has anybody observed things like this? Any suggestions on how to fix
it? The internal player can play 1920x1080 videos without such
artifacts, for I got a number videos created from commercial Blue-Ray
disks that play flawlessly.