[mythtv-users] DVB Scanning: single transport only

Dave Brown davebrown099 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:02:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Tom Hill <tom at ninjabadger.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 09:36 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> >
> > IIRC there are two places to scan from, input connections and channel
> > editor. Which are you using (sorry to be a bit vague, the dvb-s cards
> > are at home, I am not.)
> >
> > I have always just done it from input connections, and specified the
> > frequency of the mux, then scanned just that mux. As I only have two
> > muxes I am interested in it takes no time to sort.
>
> Input Connections. I'll have a look to see if I can do any better via
> the Channel Editor - thanks.
>
> Tom

If you know the freesat channels you are after, maybe you could let myth
scan all the transports it wants to but use something like the script in
this thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/458232?search_string=managing%20Freeview%20and%20Freesat;#458232
although it is used for freeview and freesat combo, it will initially hide
all the channels that have been scanned and added to the database.  In the
script you can then set which channels want to be made visible.

Its handy as you can run it after each time you do a rescan.