[mythtv-users] No "Digital Audio Capabilities" in Mythtv setup

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:43:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 22 February 2011 16:20, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks, I'll try to find the relevant fix (I'm guessing it's under
>> "Merge branch" checkin). The resolution here is 1920x1080, not that low,
>> though.
>> >

>> then that's not the problem.
>>
>> > According to the attached screenshot (
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/fpikus/Myth#5576375785734892546) my
>> ALSA:default "Device supports up to 7.1, AC3, DTS, multi-channel LPCM). I
>> can select ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVIDIA,DEV=1, and results are the same (see second
>> screenshot, https://picasaweb.google.com/fpikus/Myth#5576379022828654274).
>> Now, when I select something which is not digital out, the entire "Digital
>> Audio Capabilities" box disappears. Here the box is present but its elements
>> are not visible.
>>
>> Seeing that some fields do not properly have text (like it's showing 0
>> for the upmixer quality); I'm guessing that either the mythtv
>> installation you have is screwed; or somehow your database for that
>> particular frontend is.
>>

> The installation is RPM's from ATRPMs on Centos5, all RPMs verify
> correctly, so must be the database. Is there some testing or repair
> procedure? Or I can access it directly with webmin, what should I look for?

BTW, I see exact same thing on my Fedora 12 frontend (also mythtv-0.24 from
ATRPMs). Digital Audio box appears when the output is digital, or disappears
entirely. But when it appears it has no visible entries, even though I can
tab to them. BTW, Webmin shows that "settings" table has AC3PassThrough=1
for the frontend host (don't know what the other field is called, I searched
for DTS but found nothing).

If it's a database problem I'd like to fix the database.
optimize_mythdb.pland mysqlcheck don't find any problems.