[mythtv-users] Something changed with themes ??

Nicolas WILL nico at youplala.net
Tue Feb 22 21:51:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 19:25 +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 20/02/11 15:56, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> > I upgraded to latest git (o.24 fixes) and noticed that some themes
> don't
> > work as expected anymore (third party)
> >
> > It is best seen with this picture:
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/r/a30eg1/7
> >
> > Text in boxes is too short, there is plenty of room to fill whole
> box.
> >
> > With original mythcenter-wide it looks ok:
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/r/2v0cs92/7
> >

> > I have examined both themes base.xml and news.xml files and I can't
> see
> > what is different.
> >
> > What has changed?
> >

> Try updating to latest fixes and let me know if it fixes things for
> you.
> At least the problem with the lists in MythNews and a few others I
> spotted should be fixed now in Mythbuntu.

Hello,

This is what I am running:

MythTV Version   : v0.24-188-g8ba07a0
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

mythtv-theme-mythbuntu_0.24.0+fixes.20110222.8ba07a0-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2

The problem is most visible for me in MythVideo, but may be elsewhere.

I have looked at the aspect ratio thing from DisplaySize and to the DPI
settings with no change. The text does not appear to be cut at a 4:3
ratio on my TV, I get wider then that, but not wide enough.

Screenshot here, with 4:3 aspect ratio highlighted:

http://youplala.net/~will/htpc/Fullscreen.png

Nico