[mythtv-users] Memory performance on Nvidia ION

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Wed Feb 23 00:08:21 UTC 2011

Hi jya,

>  All i know is that one stick was not sufficient to not cause issues and
>  stuttering at times and i couldnt use tvdpau normal profile. Adding a
>  secong
>  helped but upping the memory bsticks to the max recommended for the zotac
>  ion a board and putting two of them in there helped a lot with visual
>  quality.
>
>  As the other poster said. Suggest buying a matched stick, or swapping your
>  single stick for dual 1gb sticks... and trying and do please report back
>  here.

I think the drivers have a LOT to do with this.  I recently updated my
Zotac ION frontend from an older Mythbuntu installation with Nvidia 175
series drivers to debian squeeze with Nvidia 260 driver and had a LOT of
video buffer issues, enough that caused it to start stuttering and causing
an echo effect over time.  It played PERFECT with vdpau before i used the
new install.  Last night I updated to 270 beta drivers and it helped a
little, but still not perfect.  And I've ALWAYS had 2 x 1MB sticks in the
thing.  The ONLY thing that changed on that Zotac was the software
installed.

-----
No virus found in this message.