[mythtv-users] How is this pricing possible?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Feb 23 03:53:54 UTC 2011

On 2/22/2011 9:18 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

I've been watching this and other threads about Consumer grade drives.

I currently have a Dlink NAS I like very much that's currently using 250GB drives so far with no problems...
But from this list especially, I've been worried abou upgrading to the mega drives because of failure rates.

Meanwhile, I have some older SCSI SCA-80pin drives in Compaq Servers (IBM Mechanisms) that have been spinning forever.

(granted, sans the DeathStar line now that Hitachi owns it)

It definitely has me scratching my head as how to upgrade stuff without clobbering my wallet.

  -Ben