[mythtv-users] Internal HD Cards with component or HDMI inputs

Craig Van Tassle craig at codestorm.org
Wed Feb 23 17:11:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:56:35 -0800
freedenizen <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Craig Van Tassle
> <craig at codestorm.org> wrote:
> > I just got my DirecTv boxes upgraded for me to the HD ones with a
> > Composite/LEFT/Right, Component, and HDMI outputs, there are no Coax
> > outputs at all. :(
>
> What sort of output were you expecting on coax?
>
> > I've read up on the HD-PVR from Hauppage, that seems to be an option
> > but I'm not sure how I will grab from the HD-PVR into my server.
> > Also from what I have read about the HD-PVR the best I can get is
> > 1080i. I would like to be able to go up to 1080P. That is mostly
> > why I'm looking at the composite input direct to the cards.
>
> the HD-PVR connects via USB and uses component inputs for video and
> SPDIF for digital audio or RCA inputs for analog audio.
> AFAIK no broadcaster broadcasts in 1080P but I could be mistaken.
> Composite only does SD resolutions.

I was kind of hoping for Coax because I still have internal PVR-150 and
a PVR-250.

The new H24's I have say they can do 1080P. I'm not sure if it really
is. I think I'm going to have to bit the bullet and get the HD-PVRs. I
was kind of hoping someone had a solution where I didnt have to have
more External STB's. My UPS is out of power outlets for me to put
things one! Guess it's time to get another one or put use a power
strip.

Thanks.