[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 mythtv only supports single tuner

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:38:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Under MythTV if I try and record more than one channel concurrently, at
>> least one of the recordings is empty/corrupted. I have successfully tested
>> concurrent reception/playback of 2 (analog) streams by running 2 instances
>> of mplayer, so it appears to be a wierd mythtv bug/limitation rather than
>> hardware or driver issue.
>>

> This sounds to me like you do not have your input groups setup right.  Each
> encoder can do digital or analog, but the digital and analog capture devices
> for each must be grouped into an input group.  Thus you'd end up with an
> input group per encoder, and each will do either analog or digital,
> independent of each other.
>>
>> Is there a solution to getting the HVR-2250 fully working under MythTV?
>> Are the myth devs at least aware of this problem?
>

> I have been successfully using my HVR-2250 fully since about September 2010,
> when I bought it, and send Stephen a couple patches for minor issues in the
> analog side of the driver.  It has never given me a problem like you have
> mentioned.  I quite regularly record with analog/digital simultaneously (one
> on each encoder).

Gavin (or others),

  If you have any tips on things to check for I would love to hear
them. I have had a HVR-2250 for some time and ever since I changed to
the driver with analog support DVB support has been problematic. Just
a few minutes ago I tried to start a DVB recording on the card's input
1 and then a second recording on DVB input 2. No other recordings were
taking place at the time. The second recording failed. I have the
debug log of the time, but there is so much data I don't know what to
look for.

Thanks,
James