[mythtv-users] How is this pricing possible?

Rob Smith kormoc at mythtv.org
Wed Feb 23 22:14:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> No but I see the number increasing on other drives and this usually
> coincides with drive events either in my system logs or the drive
> itself.

So the reports based on the numbers fire off when the numbers change.
That seems hardly conclusive that the numbers mean what they mean.

I currently have a seagate drive with this:
196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age
Always       -       25769803776

too bad that's many more sectors then the drive has in reality. But
hey, keep assuming you know better then Seagate (who tells us to *not*
trust these numbers).