[mythtv-users] still having remote troubles with Fedora 14/Harmony

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:33:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> > Just to be clear: I use a Streamzap rather than a mceusb device. I
> > suspect Blammo is also using Streamzap since he said he had exactly the
> > same hardware that I did.
>
> Bah. Oops. I knew that, I swear (even looked at the patch he linked to).
> My streamzap hardware does work perfectly fine with that kernel too. :)

Yes, I am using a Streamzap USB receiver, with a Harmony remote... Process
of elimination however, I pulled out the original streamzap remote, same
behavior.

Not working any better than 3-4 days ago.. Made sure I was up to date.

Behavior within Myth is that button presses = 2 button presses.. Navigating
menus is frustrating.. It's IMPOSSIBLE no matter how quickly you hit the
button, to get your choice.. it moves twice..

I'm wondering.. is the ~/.mythtv/lircrc even being read? Reason I ask... I
mistakenly set "repeat 22" instead of "repeat 2" as the "scroll right"
behavior, and it didn't have any effect at all. The log file seems to SAY
it's being read:

2011-02-20 17:51:31.766 LIRC: Successfully initialized '/var/run/lirc/lircd'
using '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc' config
2011-02-23 18:50:02.837 LIRC: Successfully initialized '/var/run/lirc/lircd'
using '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc' config

Sadly -v all doesn't show any log output during LIRC menu navigation, so I'm
not sure where to look next..I tried the "suppress_repeat", no change in
behavior.. in fact NOTHING I do changes the behavior at all.. :(

 [root at frontend1 ~]# uname -r
2.6.35.11-83.fc14.i686

[root at frontend1 ~]# lircd --version
lircd 0.8.7

[root at frontend1 ~]# mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24-179-g90f48c8
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.7.1
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_crystalhd
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg