[mythtv-users] seek past a cut

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 01:17:41 UTC 2011

Suppose my cutlist includes a cut from the 6 minute mark to the 9
minute mark of a recording. If Myth has just skipped the cut during
playback, and now I'm at 9:03, for example, what should I do if I want
to seek back a few seconds to what I just saw before the cut? Using
SEEKRWND (bound to my left arrow and set to a 10 second jump) takes me
back to the most recent cutpoint, i.e., the 9 minute mark.

I understand that Myth is interpreting this as "OK, you want to jump
back 10 seconds from 9:03, so that takes you to 8:53. But that's
inside a cut, so I'll move you forward to the end of the cut at 9:00."
It seems more natural to me that the cut would be excluded from the 10
second jump, and therefore it would take me back to 5:53. Was this an
intentional design decision, is this a bug, or is this just something
that doesn't come up much so no one has really considered it?

Thanks.
Joey