[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 01:20:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Mike <mythtv at dtmc.ca> wrote:
> I tried 2x but the comments suggest my display device should be
> capable of twice the frame rate.  I have a 60Hz Plasma (about 5years
> old).  Aside from that, when I enable 2x any-mode I end up with
> stuttering playback.  This was even worse on an older computer but
> with the ION it plays but misses 4/5th of the frames.  Is there some
> configuration I'm missing?  I have VDPAU compiled into mythtv
> 0.24+fixes.

Your interlaced source should be 29.97 fps so a 60 Hz display is
capable of 2x deinterlacing. I've not heard of a report that mentions
trouble with an ION and 2x deinterlacing. Please post a frontend log
with -v playback,timestamp,extra and I can try to determine the issue.
One more question is if you have 2 DIMMs installed or 1 DIMM for your
ION memory? And please check again to make sure composite is disabled.

Regards.
--
Taylor