[mythtv-users] Hauppauge NovaT-500 I2C read errors

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 18:05:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Alex Butcher wrote:

> Go to <http://www.ukfree.tv/transmitters.php> and find your transmitter.
>
> Look at the dtv_multiplex table. The rules I used were:
>
> guard_interval should be 1/32, bandwidth should be 8.
>
> If a multiplex is QAM64, set lp_code_rate to 1/2, modulation and
> constellation to qam_64, hp_code_rate to 2/3.
>
> If a multiplex is QAM16, set lp_code_rate to 3/4, modulation and
> constellation to qam_16, hp_code_rate to 3/4.
>
> If a multiplex is using 8k, set transmission_mode to 8. If it's 2k, it
> should be 2.
>
> These could well be wrong, but they seem to be good enough for me, my Nova-T
> and Nova-T-500 and the UK Mendip transmitter. Corrections welcome.

FYI,
<http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/broadcast/guidance/tech-guidance/dttt_uk.pdf>
indicates that my (semi-educated) guesses appear to be correct. The only one
that's a puzzle is the Mendip 842MHz multiplex which ukfree.tv says is
QAM64/8k, but scandvb reckons is QAM16/2k. It works with QAM64/8k, so I'm
leaving be. Maybe it's an artifact of the UK switchover not being fully
complete yet...

Best Regards,
Alex