[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Feb 26 01:54:55 UTC 2011

On 02/25/11 20:40, Michael Jones wrote:

> I’d have to say the merging of the OSD and Main themes is a negative.
> My wife had enough problem seeing the text on the screen before. At
> lest with previous versions we could change the OSD theme to something
> she could see. With the current setup, while it is technically
> possible, mixing and matching is a pain.

The only reason MythTV had independent OSD and UI themes was because
they were managed by separate interfaces. UI stuff stayed in the UI, and
OSD stuff was only ever visible during playback. This is limiting for
obvious reasons. Now that the two are merged, and UI and OSD elements
can appear at any location, splitting the two themes back apart would do
nothing by result in an inconsistent interface. That is not something we
want to allow to happen.

If you are not happy with a particular theme, choose another. If you are
not happy with the combination of elements provided by any particular
theme, write your own.