[mythtv-users] How can I debug these remote issues?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 27 04:11:26 UTC 2011

On 02/26/2011 08:16 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> I just noticed these issues in my logs anyone have any idea how I can
> troubleshoot them?
>
> imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f004
> imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f004
> imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f204
> imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x101f004
> imon 5-1:1.0: imon_incoming_packet: unknown keypress, code 0x10200f2
>
> I'm running 0.24-fixes on Mythdora 12.23 x86_64
>
> There are several buttons that no longer work or work inconsistantly,
> I'm no longer using the imon remote itself but I'm using a Logitech
> Harmony ONE and I haven't been able to locate the original remote
> since moving.
>
> I was trying to remap a  button for E for a while now since the
> editing system changes in 0.24 as well as Z for loading cut lists both
> inconsistantly work and dont work.

I know nothing of imon or your specifics, but it looks like you're using
a kernel keyboard driver for the remote and failed to run setkeycodes
for the "keys" on your remote that send codes not defined in your kernel
keymap.  Then end result would be that you can't use those "keys" (the
buttons that cause those messages) in your console.  (Or, if it started
after you tried to remap keys, maybe you ran a loadkeys that got rid of
the keycodes your distro scripts/config had already defined for you?)

Mike