[mythtv-users] The same ol' LIRC problems... no irw response

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Feb 27 17:12:02 UTC 2011

MythTV users,

I have a brand new machine where I have freshly installed Mythbuntu
10.10. It has a Hauppauge PVR-150 card in it.

I used the mythbuntu control centre and selected that I had a Hauppauge
remote, but that doesn't seem to have changed anything.

So far as I can tell, neither LIRC nor irexec are being started at boot.

However, if I run:

sudo /etc/init.d/lirc start

it says:
* Starting remote control daemon(s) : LIRC

Then I can run:

irexec &

But, then if I run:

irw

... and press any button on the remote, I get no output whatsoever.

Where might I be going wrong?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G