[mythtv-users] Is multirec working good for anyone?

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 20:29:14 UTC 2011

Today i thought i would try to test and capture a backend log. I started the backend with -v record, dont know if that is enough?
I started recording two programs, one called "The Listener", and the other "Morden i Midsomer"(Midsomer Murders), both on the same mux, using the same DVB-C card.

Encoder 1 was recording Midsomer Murders, and Encoder 2 was recording The Listener. Watching the status on Mythweb, both encoders was used the whole time during my test, i ended the test when The Listener ended. During the whole time Midsomer Murders recorded without a problem, The Listener got in trouble right away.

Looking at MythWeb i could see that the filesize for Midsomer Murders was increasing the whole time. The filesize for The Listener got to 11Mb, and then got stuck. After 5-6 minutes it jumped to 71Mb and then was stuck until the recording ended 5-6 minutes later when it jumped to 264Mb. Looking at the bottom of the backend log it is clear that The Listener file is not healty. In several places in the log it looks as if the backend is restarting, f.ex. at 2011-02-27 20:47:46.794 ? Or maybe that is normal output.

I'm running mythbuntu 10.10, MythTV trunk from some week ago. DVB-C hardware from dmesg:
[   19.770687] DVB: registering new adapter (KNC1 DVB-C MK3)
[   20.212878] DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Philips TDA10023 DVB-C)...

Dont know what is wrong. Is there any other software or utility i could try to use to see if it is a hardware problem or a Myth problem?

/Stefan