[mythtv-users] getting going

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 12:28:18 UTC 2011

On 28 February 2011 08:58, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

The linux equivalent of hardware drivers are kernel modules, which are
> generally loaded automatically by the kernel, but may need to be
> loaded by hand (or in a script) if the kernel doesn't detect the
> hardware correctly.

The Hauppauge Nove DVB-S cards also need firmware - but without this
installed correctly I doubt that they would receive anything regardless of
the application.

My guess would be that the LNB section isn't correctly configured - I seem
to remember it needs some strange combination of keys to actually get in to
the LNB options.

George