[mythtv-users] HD-PVR issues - is there a solution?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:20:42 UTC 2011

> I just got my first zero byte recording in about 5-6 days.  A reset is
> required.
>
> Interestingly, it shows up on my recordings screen as a show with an X
> beside it.   When I select the show, myth
> tells me that the recording file is not available or has been deleted.
> Is that typical behavior now?

That is what mine has always done.  Because it isn't smart enough to
realize that the recording failed... so the gui tosses  errors looking
for a file that it thinks should exist.

One would think that the backend would be smart enough to notice that
there is no file in the specified location, after the recording
timeslot ends.... hey... maybe the recording failed?  But it appears
that it doesn't even manage that.  Much less detect that the entire
system is borked from some other unknown error, as it fills the log
files with errors, continuously, for the entire time it is supposed to
be recording.

Mine failed again last Thursday night.  Interestingly, it appeared to
stop recording about 5 minutes into one show.  From that moment on, it
failed to record every other scheduled show.  No recording card on the
entire system successfully recorded anything until I rebooted it
Saturday.