[mythtv-users] Hauppauge NovaT-500 I2C read errors

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 21:45:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Gary Dawes wrote:

>  I ended up also setting this option in /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf
>
> options dib3000mc buggy_sfn_workaround=1

I don't think that does anything useful in the UK as our DVB-T isn't done
using a Single Frequency Network, unlike Australia.  Happy to be corrected,
though.  In fact, setting this option when a SFN isn't being used reportedly
reduces tuning lock robustness.

> I reduced the tuner delay slightly, down to just a couple of hundred of ms on each tuner, and set each tuner to open in demand.
>
> I also found that the option I was using to disable USB autosuspend was not valid on Mythbuntu 10.10. I found the correct procedure here on the XMBC web site.

I expect that's what's fixed it.

> The box has now been stable and recording happily for approx 36 hours now.
>
> I hardly dare write this update as I don't want to tempt fate.
>
> Thanks to everyone for their contributions and suggestions. All have been warmly welcomed.

HTH,
Alex