[mythtv-users] Replacement for Gyration Wireless KB/Air Mouse?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Jan 3 14:22:31 UTC 2011

On 12/31/10 11:52 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> I have a Gyration wireless KB and "Air Mouse" (doesn't need a surface)
> combo. The keyboard has a few keys getting flaky, I'm having to clean
> the contacts weekly, and it's getting worse.
>
> I've looked at the little Lenovo "Hornbook" unit, and I just came
> across this:
>
> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=W-9824&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-daily_html-_-31dec10_EOYL_07-_-EOYL_07Product

That looks like a really good form factor. I have the Lenovo BT keyboard
and, while it's handy and small, the weird arrangement of the keys and
lack of F-keys are a real down side. (The lack of F-keys makes accessing
certain BIOS features during boot impossible.)

> Is anyone aware of a (perhaps) better small wireless keyboard? I have
> a really small bluetooth KB, but it's too tiny (cigarette pack size).
> If anyone knows of a source for the Gyration unit a direct replacement
> would be OK as well.

I got a replacement off eBay years ago, when a party visitor spilled
lemonade on my old Gyration. No amount of cleaning was able to fully
resurrect that fiasco.