[mythtv-users] OT: uPnP controlpoint software

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:42:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> On 02/01/11 17:58, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Richard Morton
>> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Some excellent looking software for controlling media devices.
>>>
>>> http://oss.linn.co.uk/trac
>>
>> I just rediscovered this, would be great if any MythMusic rework can
>> be integrated so this type of software could be used with it.
>>

> "Written in C#". That means Mono. It looks like a good product but having to
> load all that on my systems means it would probably be a non-starter.

I was thinking more along the lines of integration with the protocols
and such, not necessarily using their code.

there are a lot of hardware devices now using this system (obviously
the Linn stuff, but a few other manufacturers as well), and there are
a lot of software for controlling remotely already developed. I think
this is the type of  in-home music distribution system MythMusic
should be a part of.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!