[mythtv-users] HDPVR recording failures and audio dropouts

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Tue Jan 4 03:12:54 UTC 2011

The issue of recording failures and audio dropouts has been well discussed
on this list.  I just went and updated my hdpvr to the latest driver
1.5.7.0.  I use 64 bit Fedora for my Myth backend, and I used a 32 bit
Windows Vista for the firmware update.  During the update, the detailed
messages stated that the 32 bit driver installed fine on the hdpvr, but the
64 bit driver was not installed since I was using 32 bit windows for the
update.

That all being said, I was looking through this list at people's various
issues with the hdpvr, and there are some who claim they have no real
issues, and others who have recording failures and missing audio and such.
Could it be that a driver mismatch between the OS and the hdpvr is an issue?

If you used a 32 bit windows to update your hdpvr and you use a 64 bit linux
OS, do you have issues with your hdpvr?

If you used a 64 bit windows to update your hdpvr and you use a 64 bit linux
OS, do you have issues with your hdpvr, or are you one who has a stable
system?

-Derek