[mythtv-users] HDPVR recording failures and audio dropouts

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:04:04 UTC 2011

> Can you post the method you use for restting the box?  I have 2 HDPVRs and
> they frequently stop responding at which point I get zero-byte recordings
> with no warnings.  I would like to set something up where the boxes get
> reset on a regular basis to prevent this but I'm not sure how much needs to
> be done.  Power cycle?  Rmmod hdpvr?  Restart mythbackend?  How far do yo
> ugo to reset them?
>
> BTW, I have H20 boxes from DirecTV and the 1.5.7.0 drivers but I still have
> problems with the HDPVRs getting into a funky state on a pretty regular
> basis.  Kernel is Gentoo 2.6.36-r5.

The reset is more of a taking the STB from 1080i to 720p (or the other
way around, it's been a while since I set the script up) and I believe
it also changes the sound settings on the STB, nothing actually with
the HDPVR.  I'm attaching what I use to do that task for me (and since
implementing this, I haven't had any recording issues with my HDPVR).