[mythtv-users] HVR4000 - and DVB-S liveTV

plainfaceboy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:45:05 UTC 2011

> I originally had everything working with this card on Ubuntu 9 , and then
> after much messing about, finally managed to get things working on Ubuntu
> 10.04 and myth 0.23.1 (on autobuilds).
> All was well - mythmusic was working with a mounted network drive, I could
> watch and record TV, remote and LCD case display all working nicely
> (Silverstone GD01 case with antec veris remote)  - bar a few outstanding
> issues getting EIT to update.
> Kernel auto-updates to 2.6.32-27 seemed to mess things up and I couldn't
> watch TV (though this may have been coincidence), so I reinstalled
> everything from scratch.
>
> Both UK DVB-T and DVB-S cards have scanned and found all the channels, but
> in liveTV I can only see DVB-T channels (freeview). I am able (sometimes)
> type in a DVB-S channel number (eg 6301), but going to this channel takes
> me
> to a black screen which then hangs there. I've got the latest firmware and
> drivers.
> Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be - I'm a bit stuck?
> Thanks for any help.

An update on this one is that by removing and re-adding the cards in a
different order I have made some progress. Adding DVB-S first enabled this
to work with liveTV. Adding the DVB-T after this means that livetv goes to
the DVB-S card first, which works fine. I can change to DVB-T no problem,
but switching back to DVB-S causes a black screen - I get the channel info
pop-up, but no picture. I then have to kill the frontend to get out of it.

I have seen this issue listed before, but the solution seemed to be to
ensure Myth and drivers etc were uptodate, but I have the latest drivers,
and am on 0.23.1 autobuilds?
Any help, anyone?
Thanks.