[mythtv-users] Firewire partial lock

Brad Crotchett brad at bradandkim.net
Wed Jan 5 15:29:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 12:48 -0500, Dan Ritter wrote:
> You are probably not priming the FW connection properly. This is
> (a) frustratingly opaque and (b) frustratingly undependable.
>
> Try using a FW channel changer to change the channel to a
> known-good channel, cycling the power, waiting a while to let
> the cable box reset itself, and then try priming. Script this
> all up and run it on boot.
>
> -dsr-

Thanks Dan, I think you might be right about the priming.  I finally had
some time to mess with it again and decided to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10
to get the new firewire stack.  It will now play live TV most of the
time, but only for a few seconds, then the system locks up and makes a
constant beeping tone.  I will probably start a new thread when I have
more time.

Thanks,

Brad