[mythtv-users] Graphics problem

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Thu Jan 6 01:10:57 UTC 2011

>> I noticed the exact same issue some time back.  Exactly as you describe,
>> if
>> MythTV is closed “ungracefully” while in the middle of displaying live TV
>> or
>> a recording, “remnants” of the video display litter the Desktop.  When
>> MythTV is re-launched, it’s almost like there are “holes” in the picture
>> anywhere black would otherwise be displayed.

>The issue is in nvidia drivers 260.x

>Got down to anything before that (like 256.x) and this issue is gone.

>nvidia really screwed up with those 260 drivers

Is there an easy way to get to the 256 drivers (and stay there) with
Mythbuntu 10.04?  nvidia-current tops out at 195.  For a while I used the
x-swat ppa to get the newer drivers, but that pushes me to 260.  Any time
I;ve ventured from allowing an install through a repository like Ubuntu or
x-swat, it's been too much of an adventure.  The one time I did succeed, as
soon as the kernel updated, I lost it.