[mythtv-users] Graphics problem

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:41:43 UTC 2011

On 6 January 2011 13:02, Scott & Nicole Harris <snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
>> I have the 256.x drivers packaged for all release of ubuntu on my repo
>
> (www.avenard.org/media)
>
> So just add your Ubuntu repository as outlined at
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Ubuntu_Repository.html and
> turn off the Mythbuntu repos?  Will this automatically upgrade me from
> Nvidia 195 -> 256?

hi.

no it won't

each nvidia drivers are unique and have a different package name: nvidia-glx-xxx

Select to install nvidia-glx-256

this will remove any existing nvidia drivers you have (provided you
installed the with an official ubuntu package)

I didn't follow the new naming scheme used by recent ubuntu, like
nvidia-glx-default ; it's confusing IMHO and I like to be able to
easily change what version of nvidia drivers I'm using