[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend memory leak?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:46:28 UTC 2011

On 6 January 2011 12:29, thigger <thigger at gmail.com> wrote:

> find myself having to restart mythfrontend every day or two as it
> starts to eat memory (I've seen up to 1.5Gb though it's normally 1.2Gb
> or so before I notice). It's a 2Gb machine which is used as a server
> for other things so it's quite irritating. Otherwise it works fine

Are you by any chance in the UK and watching BBC HD content?

My system behaves perfectly normally as long as I don't watch BBC HD, then
it starts to eat memory:

First graph below shows my frontent memory usage - (with a mythfrontend
restart on the 27th Dec):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5481869/Screenshot.png

If I don't watch any HD recordings then memory usage is more stable (another
restart of mythfrontend on 31st):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5481869/Screenshot2.png

MythTV Version   : v0.24-98-ge15a45e
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2

I've raised this here before but not had any response :-s

George