[mythtv-users] MythMusic and umlauts in file system (SOLVED)

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:43:10 UTC 2011

On 01.01.2011 10:57, dargllun wrote:
> Happy New Myth Year Everyone!
>
> I noticed that my mythmusic 0.24-fixes installation can't handle tracks
> with umlauts in the file name or directory hierarchy anymore. This
> worked with 0.23-fixes.
>
> To test this, I cleared the entire music db by moving all content away
> from /var/lib/mythtv/music/, and rescanned. Then I moved a directory
> having an umlaut in its name back into the collection and scanned again:

There was some discussion on the list yesterday wrt cleaning MythMusic's
db. It seems like just emptying the music collection and doing a rescan
is not enough. You also need to truncate the corresponding db entries
(music_{songs,artists,albums,genres}). I used phpMyAdmin to do that.
After enabling the collection and a rescan everything was there,
including the albums with umlauts.

--
Regards
greg