[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend memory leak?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:18:30 UTC 2011

On 6 January 2011 16:36, thigger <thigger at gmail.com> wrote:

> :
> You're right on both counts (though more BBC1 HD than BBC HD if that
> makes any difference). We've only started watching much HD since I
> bought the GT220 for vdpau, and that roughly coincides with the memory
> burn starting.
>
> I'll try to find out whether it's easy enough to trigger by
> intensively watching BBC HD content and submit a bug report with a
> valgrind log (or add to yours if you're putting one on trac).

Any HD content from the BBC has the same effect for me (either BBC HD or
BBC1 HD). There have been other threads relating to HD BBC content also
having timing problems (and I've seen those too - try replaying a recording,
pausing, then resuming and see if it resumes from the correct place) but I
don't have enough knowledge to be able to say if this could be related to
the memory leakage.

I've never used 'valgrind' and am pretty busy with lots of other stuff at
the moment so unfortunately I'm not sure I can help much there.

> Incidentally - my work connection won't let me at dropbox so I can't
> see them yet - but what are you using to produce the graphs?

I'm running 'munin' on both my front and backend boxes. Let me know off-list
if you'd like me to email some screenshots.

George