[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime update

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 01:52:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

I believe the CableCard 2 specs allow for up to four tuners to use one
card, which is why the Ceton InfinitTV4 is a quad tuner device.

> And, isn't the industry about to *replace* CableCard with the Next Big Thing,
> such that you won't actually be able to *get* a CableCard anymore?

I figure we have at least a few years before the successor gets chosen
and devices released. I also don't see the cable companies phasing out
the cablecard system immediately, so figure enough time to make the
purchase price worth it for many people.

As with all things, if the price doesn't make sense your not forced to buy this.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!