[mythtv-users] Need Help: HD-PVR IR Blaster [SOLVED....SORT OF]

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 04:35:59 UTC 2011

> My thought was that this problem had been hacked around in lirc 0.9.0, but
> it was actually a change in 0.8.7-pre2 or pre3 I was thinking of:
>
> http://lirc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lirc/lirc;a=commitdiff;h=46cbaaf3586c4465db8e81b37637b322d5832b5e
>
> I only just now had a chance to look that up though, and you may have been
> hitting something entirely different, I dunno right now.

Many thanks for the response, Jarod - I know you're a very busy guy, no
doubt more so since you've taken over LIRC! My questions below are
pretty low priority, now that I have my system running solidly, so feel
free to drop them way down your priority list - I'm just curious at this
stage to learn more about the mechanics of LIRC.

That's very interesting re: LIRC version, because I'm running 0.8.6. I
had a look at the code you link to, but it went well over my sorry head
- what is the meat of the problem with 10 digits? Is it in fact a
conversion-to-signed-integer issue?

Out of curiosity, is there anywhere I can learn what these represent and
what values are considered "in range":

bits           16
   flags SPACE_ENC
   eps            30