[mythtv-users] Upcoming Recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jan 7 20:04:06 UTC 2011

On 1/7/2011 14:30, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>> On 1/7/2011 14:21, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of a way to make upcoming recordings scheduled on a
>>> slave backend to show up when the backend is offline?
>> The schedule of upcoming recordings only exists in memory on the master
>> backend.
> OK, so about the only time I use mythweb (which is my master backend)
> is when I am not home and decide I need to record something, or when I
> want to record something some days out.  I have my slave off since
> last night, and none of the upcoming recordings assigned to it show
> up.  I had someone turn it on temporarily, and they all showed up.  Is
> this normal for mythweb (on the master)?  I am unsure what happens
> from a TV as I am not there, and this is my first run in with this.

If the slave has been automatically shutdown by the master because it
was idle, the master assumes the slave can be brought up just the same
using WOL.  The slave's tuners are still available for scheduling, and
everything behaves as if it were still connected.  If the slave was
shutdown manually, the backend considers those tuners will not be
available for any upcoming recordings.