[mythtv-users] Need "life without cable" clarification

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Jan 7 21:08:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, January 7, 2011 1:03 pm, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> Made a family decision to cancel cable... so I'm - for the first time in
> 20+ years - reentering the exciting world of OTA TV.  This means that my
> 5 tuners (two PVR-500s and a bttv) across three backends are about to
> become useless (I'm in California).
>
> I've got a HDTV Wonder coming (and am investigating other OTA tuners),
> so I'll be able to play with recording ATSC signals and I've been
> looking at options of augmenting OTA with online video sources, like
> hulu, espn360, etc.

KISS - I have a Roku and a Netflix subscription.  I record OTA programs
with myth; I don't have cable.

I just change the sources on the TV from Myth to Roku and back.

It works, it's simple, and I don't have to worry about it.

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.