[mythtv-users] Question about 0.24 osd.xml values

Dave Sp davespmyth at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 15:11:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Rick <rbonafied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to change the fade out time of the OSD with the new theme
> engine?
>
> Also, is there a place that shows the different available substitution
> values for some of the fields?
>
> For example I saw this in the Terra osd.xml:
>  <template>%PLAYEDTIME% of %TOTALTIME%\n%(|REMAININGTIME|
> remaining)%%(|BEHINDTIME| behind)%</template>
>
> Thanks!

After cscope-ing around in the code, it looks to me like it's hard-coded.

All calls to "UpdateOSDStatus" and "UpdateOSDSeekMessage" seem to use either
no timeout or the "medium" timeout ("kOSDTimeout_Med").

"kOSDTimeout_Med" is part of an enum ("OSDTimeout") which is ultimately used
as an index to the array "m_Timeouts", and that array is initialized in
"SetTimeouts", which seems to be called in only one place, and with a
hard-coded medium value of "5000".

There *is* a mechanism in the code to allow for custom timeout values (by
passing an optional parameter with the custom timeout), but it looks like
that's isn't currently being used for the OSD timeout.

So that's why I believe it's not configurable in the current release; I hope
I'm wrong.  :-)

--Dave