[mythtv-users] SPDIF Passthrough stopped working again

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:46:52 UTC 2011

On 8 January 2011 20:53, Ole Nissen <mail at olenissen.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just upgraded from Mythbuntu Lucid with the 0.24 fixes branch from
> avanard, to Maverick with the 0.24 fixes branch from mythbuntu.
> The version im currently using is :
> 2:0.24.0+fixes.20110106.c6c50df-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2
> Im using a Zotac Ion frontend with a Sony Bravia flatpanel connected via
> HDMI and an old sony 5.1 receiver connected to the frontend through spdif
> optical.
>
> When using the old setup based on avenard repo i had a separete menu for
> Audio settings, now I have to go into a general menu for setting up the
> audio.

The 0.24 in my repository is 0.24 with the new audio system from trunk
backported.

> Anyway, what I want, is to have the audio go to the Tv through HDMI, and
> only as a stereo stream. If I choose a AC3 or DTS stream the audio should be
> passed to the optical spdif instead. This worked nicely with the avenard
> repo, but now audio is only passed via HDMI. Avenard doesn't have a maverick
> repo, so thats why Im using the myhtbuntu fixes branch.

course I do..

I build mythtv packages for 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10.

> My settings are as follows:
>
> Sound outputdevice: ALSA: hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
>
> Digital Audio Capabilities:
> Dolby digital + DTS
>
> Speaker configuration: Stereo
> Don't upscale to 5.1 surround
>
> Advanced soundconfiguration checked.
>
> Use sample convertion: Good
> Force sounddevice to 48kHz output

any particular reason you are forcing using 48kHz ?
> Seperate digital output device: ALSA:iec958:{ AES0 0x02}

Try changing this for:
ALSA:iec958:{ AES0 0x06 }

> Stereo PCM only NOT checked.
> (I translated the menu from danish to english, which is why some of the
> fields could be a little mis translated back to english ;-))
>

> Could someone please verify that this is indeed NOT working.

there's no reason it would work in mythtv from my repo or trunk and
0.24 ; this is not something that have changed in any ways.